Saturday, January 29, 2011

Four Paintings at GMA

Here are the four paintings of mine that are included in the Greenville Museum of Art's exhibition mentioned in the post below.  I really enjoyed speaking with the curator as to why she chose these particular paintings.  She explained that "these pieces really give a good view of women in self-reflection through out different ages.


Becoming, oil on panel, 24" x 24"

Mother Reading, oil on panel, 20" x 16"

 
Kitchen Window, oil on panel, 48"x 36"

Paige at Mirror, oil on panel, 36" x 24"

Thank you to all who came out for the opening reception!

4 comments:

  1. All these paintings are wonderful Alia! I specially like the first and the third since I love painting reproducing common life moments.
    My congratulations for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love 'becoming', her shoulder blades are very well painted.Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments Fausto and Eleanor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through the Women Painting Women blog. Love your work. I have been painting since the mid 60's, especially women, from my own point of view. Figurative subjects have always been my special favorite.

    ReplyDelete