Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting a hang of landscapes... maybe

This weekend was a glorious time for me. I got to get away from the monotony of motherhood for just a wee bit, while enjoying some of the beautiful nature of my new state and some even more beautiful 'old' friends. I drove west to Asheville, NC to stay with a childhood friend, Amanda as well as visit a college girl friend, and fabulous artist Angela Cunningham (who I haven't seen in about 5 years because she's been rockin' the big apple). Angela is in her 3rd year of study at the Grand Central Academy. We spent most of the day Saturday on a hike and painting a beautiful spot along the Old Laurel Creek in the Pisgah National Forest. We then had a fun night with a few more friends in Asheville eating well and drinking some local brew, while listening to some great Blue Grass music. Fun, Fun, Fun.

Old Laurel Creek
oil on panel
10" x 8"

3 comments:

  1. Nice Alia. En plein air really tests an artist's chops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeremy. And yes Kyle, you are so right. En plein air is my perpetual self test. I'm still working on it though, because the challenge is well worth it. Happy painting gentlemen!

    ReplyDelete