Thursday, February 18, 2016

2016 Regional Artist Project Grant - Recipient

I am very pleased to announce that I have recently been awarded a grant from the United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County to purchase new studio equipment, specifically a new Nikon D610 digital camera.  These Regional Artist Project Grants (RAPG) are awarded annually to qualifying applicants to provide financial support for projects that will advance the applicant's career in demonstrable ways.


Nikon D610 camera with my recent painting Eulogy in the background

This camera and the attached Nikkor 50mm lens is a huge improvement over my old Nikon D80.  With this camera and the Britek lighting set up that was awarded to me from a previous 2012 RPAG, I will now be able to take professional photographs of my finished works with out the expense of paying a professional photographer.  Any photo reference I may need will also vastly be improved.  The last added benefit is that this D610 is capable of taking high quality video.  I foresee using this feature to create both promotional and "how-to" videos.  

I want to thank the United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County, especially Brandi Neuwirth, for this wonderful opportunity.  I very much appreciate the support this local institution provides for our area artists.  

The Regional Artist Project Grant is funded and administered by the United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County.  This project is supported by the N.C. Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.  The program is operated in partnership with the Franklin County Arts Council, Johnston County Arts Council, Vance County Arts Council and Warren County Arts Council.



Nikon D610 camera (back) with my recent painting Eulogy in the background



 

No comments:

Post a Comment