Monday, September 28, 2009

Nude Studies in my Garage


Figure Studies, oil on panel, 12" x 9"

I've had one more model session with each of my Southern Draw'l figure studies. I also took some really blurry photos that helped me work on them a bit more after the models had departed. The photos were unintentionally blurry, but in fact, this was a real positive in my progress, because I didn't get as bogged down with details as I would have from a crisp photo. I relied quite a bit on my memory and used the photos only as a brief reminder. It's a very hard thing to switch to photo reference from direct observation mid-stream in a painting, and I hope I've managed to keep the freshness that I was getting from working directly from life. I would like to have both of these models return one last time to tweak, finish and fix certain areas. So here they are still unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment